Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies (Easy!)



Cookies are probably my favorite dessert to bake, because they're so simple and quick to make, not to mention, convenient to grab and go. My dad and I are on a mission to eat healthier, but to keep the tasty factor. For this recipe, I used oats, coconut, and berries for nutritional value and got rid of the dairy for even more of a cleaner cookie. You can feel free to add or substitute any ingredients to match your dietary needs! If I had them on hand, I would have totally added walnuts or sliced almonds! I hope you give them a shot and let me know what you think!

COOKIE BASE INGREDIENTS:

  • 1 cup coconut oil
  • 2 cups sugar
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 1 tsp baking powder
  • 1 tsp baking soda
  • 1 tbsp ground cinnamon
  • 2 cups flour
  • 2 cups oats
COOKIE EXTRAS (Pick and choose your favorite flavors!):
  • 1 cup coconut flakes or shreds (unsweetened) *optional*
  • 1/2 cup dried berries *optional*
  • 1/2 cup chocolate chips *optional*
  • 1/2 cup corn flakes *optional*
INSTRUCTIONS:
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
  • In a bowl, mix the coconut oil, sugar, applesauce, baking powder, baking soda, and cinnamon.
  • Add the flower and the oats.
  • Stir and use an ice cream scooper to measure out about 18 cookies (count varies based on size of scooper- mine is really large).
  • Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake for 16-18 minutes or until golden. Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts