Reading List


Seeing as reading is such an important facet to daily living since it cultivates knowledge, inspiration and discipline, I decided to create a brief reading list of some of my favorite books and written compilations (in no particular order of preference). As you'll notice, I'm a bit of a classics enthusiast.

1. Pride and Prejudice
(This is the epitome of timeless romances, because it addresses many of the struggles we face when presented with opportunity for love.)

2. Wuthering Heights
(There seems to be an interesting twist where romance meets horror as we are taken through a journey of forbidden love and learn about the very bleak reality a couple faces with regards to relationships.)

3. To Kill a Mockingbird
(It doesn't matter how old you are, this book will always render you a sense of hope and fulfillment.)

4. Shakespeare
(I'll admit that although I received a leatherback copy of Shakespeare's complete works nearly 2 years ago, I haven't tackled the entire series. From what I've read ", Much Ado About Nothing"is my favorite and I thoroughly dislike Macbeth.)

5. Persuasion
(As stereotypical as it may seem, a woman can never tire from Jane Austen. Although this novel of hers is not as well known, it is one of my favorites, because it is relatable in the sense that no matter where your heart lies, there will always be people near and dear to you who will try to help you and in doing so will cause you to part from what you desire.)

6. A Brave New World
(Although this is not pleasure reading per say, it is a sort of a thriller that unveils changes in our world which are ever more realistic.)

7. Jane Eyre
(It seems that tragic love stories are a trend within this list, but this list would be incomplete without mention of Jane Eyre. It is a novel that is inspirational in a number of ways as the heroine, Jane, exhibits grace and humility throughout her life despite the many life-changing challenges she faces.)

Comments

Popular Posts