Festive for Thanksgiving



It’s the most wonderFALL time of the year! Bursts of spicy cloves and cinnamon pierce the air and crisp, cool winds swirl, inviting holiday wear...

Now that the holidays are upon us there is still so much to do! Baking, cooking, hosting and my favorite, decorating!

Thanksgiving is one of my favorite holidays, but it seems like it’s been overshadowed by early Christmas bloomers. While Christmas is a huge time to put my decorating to use, I like the warm undertones of fall colors that mingle with the humble meaning of Thanksgiving.

With so much attention and focus on "me me me" throughout the year, it's refreshing to have a holiday inspired to give thanks to God for all that we have.

I'm a little sad that my family will not be hosting Thanksgiving this year, because I love filling my home with people for a memorable time together. Even though I won't be hosting Thanksgiving, that isn't a reason to skip out on decorating...

So, in the spirit of giving, I am posting some decorating ideas from my Thanksgiving table! I hope you are inspired by the little things you find around your house. It's amazing how they can come together to create a special place to offer thanksgiving.

(Most of my table setting is comprised on second-hand or years-old pieces I've collected... who says your tablescape needs to be brand new!).


The bowl and dish above belongs to my mother and are years old! I just added a leafy placemat underneath and some fall spice potpourri.


DOLLAR TREE FIND! All three pumpkins cost $1 a piece! I also bought a beautiful white ceramic pumpkin from Dollar Tree which I keep on my bookshelf. Talk about steals!


Just some old glass candle bases and white candlesticks...


Baskets are from ROSS and the linens are folded dishrags.








Comments

Popular Posts