Spicy Udon Noodle Soup


Chinese food is one of my favorite cuisines. I could seriously eat it everyday and never grow tired of it. Since buying Chinese takeout everyday would probably max out my bank account, I've been trying to recreate some recipes at home.

Recently, I've been craving some spicy Asian-flavored soup so I looked through the ingredients I had at hand and whipped something up. It came out delicious (if I do say so myself)! My sister who isn’t a fan of Asian food thoroughly enjoyed it and finished her whole bowl of soup!

With midterms going on this week, I needed something that would be nutritious and FAST so I could get back to studying. Thankfully, this yummy recipe was just that! Here’s how to make it:

PREP TIME: 5 minutes
COOK TIME: 20 minutes
INGREDIENTS:
  • 1/4 cup sliced bell pepper
  • 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
  • 1/4 cup shredded carrot
  • 1/4 cup chopped spinach
  • 3 tbsp chopped white onion
  • 3 cloves minced garlic
  • 1 tbsp powdered ginger 
  • 1tsp chili sauce
  • 2 tbsp soy sauce
  • 3 tbsp coconut oil
  • 1/4 package of udon noodles
  • 1/4 vegetable boullion cube
  • 4 cups water
  • Chopped green onion
  • Sliced lemon
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. In a pot, sautée the bell pepper, mushrooms, carrot, onion, garlic, ginger, and chili sauce in the coconut oil.
  2. After the veggies have softened, add the water, noodles, soy sauce, and bouillon. Stir and cook soup until the noodles soften.
  3. Serve soup and top with chopped spinach, green onions, and lemon. Enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts