Vegetable Stew


There's nothing like a hot bowl of stew, especially now that it's winter! When I was trying to decide what to make for dinner last week, I was going through my fridge and noticed a lot of my fresh produce was beginning to wither. I hate throwing away food if I can help it, so I whipped up the vegetables in this delicious stew. You can really add any of your favorite veggies to this soup which makes for a great money-saving and hearty meal.

INGREDIENTS:

  • 4 cups water
  • 2 vegetable boullion
  • 3 diced potatoes
  • 1 can stewed tomatoes
  • 1 can tomato sauce
  • 1/4 cup olive oil
  • 1 cup green beans
  • 1 stalk of celery chopped
  • 3 peeled and chopped carrots
  • 2 cups chopped cabbage
  • 1/2 onion diced
  • 3 cloves garlic minced
  • 1 cup mushrooms chopped
  • 1 tbsp fresh thyme
  • 1/2 tbsp dried oregano
  • salt/pepper to taste
INSTRUCTIONS:
  1. Sautee the onions, garlic, carrots, celery and potatoes together until softened.
  2. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 20 minutes.
  3. Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts