Drugstore Favorites

  

Makeup is PRICEY! Especially, if you want to purchase high quality products. But while designer makeup is becoming more expensive, drugstore products are low price and increasing in value. Of course, it does depend on the products.


While I enjoy wearing makeup, I haven't invested in too many pricy products. Most of my makeup comes from the drugstore, and it's proven to be better than some of the designer products I've purchased. 

For years I've had problem skin! I visited the dermatologist for years and was on heavy antibiotics as well as strong prescription skincare regiments. I even underwent a silk peel process where they use a blade to shave off the top layer of skin on my face... not fun! In terms of makeup, for years I purchases a pricey tinted moisturizer imported from France, which only clogged my pores. Needless to say, none of the expensive products I purchased helped. 

At one point, my expensive tinted moisturizer was discontinued so I was forced to buy some drugstore products in the meantime and I've used them ever since! I actually purchase almost all my makeup from the drugstore, but if it works, why not save money! 

Here are a few of my favorite products I've used throughout the years:
  • Moisturizer- Olay Active Hydrating Moisturizer. It's oil-free and applies smoothly so that it leaves you feeling fresh. Not to mention, it smells AMAZING.
  • Tinted Moisturizer- Almay Smart Shade CC Cream. It's a sheer moisturizer, but it provides major coverage. The only thing you need to look out for is the color separating. I make sure to give it a few shakes so it blends before I apply it. Plus, its oil-free and hypoallergenic!
  • Concealer- Almay Smart Shade Concealer. Almay sells two versions of this, but they both should be oil-free. Sometimes, I just use the concealer without the moisturizer because of how light and heavy-duty it truly is.
  • Liquid Eyeliner- Elf. Seriously purchase this. It's only $2 and it works great! Easy to put on and remove.
  • Powder Brush- Elf. I don't wear powder often, because it doesn't combine well with my skin, but when I do I use the Almay brand and this brush works amazingly! Plus, its super cheap, so why not invest in it?
  • Lipstick- Revlon. I'm a bad girl when it comes to blush. I just don't like the way the powder sets on my face (excluding Bare Minerals blush which I just started using and LOVE), so for a while I would dab a bit of lipstick on my cheeks and blend for a two in one cream blush and lipstick. Revlon also makes really creamy lipsticks that last a while. The one in the picture is a standard lipstick.
  • Mascara- Maybelline the Colossal Volum Express in Glam Black. This stuff is inexpensive and provides so much lift, length and boldness in a matter of two strokes. 





Comments

Popular Posts