A Soft Word



Good morning y'all! This scene is as foggy as my head this morning. "I need more sleep" feels like an understatement today. But, this is my last week before spring break, so I just need to power through!

Speaking of powering through, who's gone through their daily readings?

Proverbs is such a motivational book. It puts daily life into perspective and always inspires me to work on acquiring Christian attributes.

Here's one of my favorite verses from today's reading:

"A soft answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger. The tongue of the wise dispenses knowledge, but the mouths of fools pour out folly. The eyes of the LORD are in every place, keeping watch on the evil and the good. A gentle tongue is a tree of life, but perverseness in it breaks the spirit."

Giving into frustrations and lashing out is so easy, but if we just allow ourselves a moment to take a breath and think about our situation, we can save ourselves from a lot of heartache and distress.

Let us cultivate the peace that is of Christ Jesus,

Comments

Popular Posts