Taste and SEE



“Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in Him.”

Last weekend was Annunciation and our church hosts an annual women’s tea in honor of our Lady. .
While it’s hosted for the women at our parish, we extend the invitation to women from other Orthodox churches as well as our dear friends and family.

We were blessed to be accompanied by my aunt who’s only been to an Orthodox church a few times.

After the tea, we had a Vespers service that most of the ladies attended.

Throughout the service, I tried to point out and explain different details about the service and our church to my aunt. I began to realize that while my words had validity, there can never be enough terms to describe the beauty of Orthodoxy.

From the scent of holiness spiraling from the burning incense, to the resounding solemn chants unto the Lord, to the vibrant icons that exemplify true Christianity, there is so much richness the church offers.

Orthodoxy is the experience of holiness.

I pray that my aunt as well as those visiting truly felt the presence of the Lord during our worship.

Glory to God.

Comments

Popular Posts