The Lord is My Fortress



Sometimes it seems like life is full of all sorts of trials and it can just be overwhelming. Today feels like one of those days.
.
Thankfully, the Lord has provided us with His Word to turn to and gather strength.
.
Here’s a quote to keep in mind:
“The Lord is my rock and my fortress and my deliverer;
My God, my strength, in whom I will trust;
My shield and the horn of my salvation, my stronghold.”
.
While situations in our lives can seem large and daunting, our God is Greater. It’s important to keep in mind that these struggles may also be given to us for a purpose.
.
Many holy fathers describe how suffering is the key to our salvation so long as we use it to condition our souls.
.
So rather than basking in bitterness, we should use our hardships as opportunities to trust in God and seek His guidance. It’s also a way to test and strengthen our character.
.
Glory to God.

Comments

Popular Posts