Are We Ready for the Final Judgement?


It’s time to talk daily readings! If you haven’t read them yet, give them a quick look (they’re really short)!
.
I’ve gotten into the habit of not checking social media until I’ve read both the Gospel and Epistle readings and it’s really helped to prepare me spiritually before I start my day.
.
Today’s Epistle reading discusses the uniqueness of God’s people as well as the return of the Lord.
.
Whenever I read about Jesus’ second coming, I always think to myself “If Jesus were to return today, would I be ready?”
.
It’s a bit of a daunting thought. While attending church and partaking of the sacraments is vital to successful Christian living, there is so much more required to truly live like Christ.
.
When reading about the second coming, I often reflect on Jesus’ teaching of the sheep and goats.
.
Have I fed those who were hungry, or clothed those who were naked, or visited those who were in sick or in prison?
.
What will Christ say to me on the Final Judgement? Will He tell me to “come and receive your inheritance faithful servant” or will He say “depart from me you who are cursed.”
.
This is incredibly scary, but it’s important to consider, because we will all inevitably face our Creator.
.
The monastics are so inspiring, because they exemplify how we ought to live our lives- with death constantly on our minds.
.
We can’t control when Christ is returning or when we will die, but we can control how we are living our lives.
.
Let’s use the time we have now to honor the Lord in all that we do. We should reach out to those around us and treat them as if they were Christ, because we are all made in God’s image. May we also trust our minds and heart to the Lord so that we may embrace communion with Him forever.

Comments

Popular Posts